FAQ'S on Drain Clean Crystals:
Will using more than what is recommended on the label help clear blockage faster?
NO. Always use the recommended dosage on the label as using more than recommended can cause further complications. Re-apply 2 hours later if still blocked. Do not repeat after 2 applications.
Can I use the cyrstals in toilet?
What is the difference between Drain Clean Crystals and Caustic Soda?
Drain Clean Crystals contain Caustic Soda, but other materials have been added to the formulation to enhance its drain cleaning performance.
Are the Drain Clean Crystals safe for septic tanks?
Yes, a maximum dose of 2 applications a month.
Can Drain Clean Crystals be used to clean my dishwasher?
No, as this may potentially harm the rubber seals.
The Drain Clean Crystals didn't work...Why not?
There are a number of different causes to blocked drains such as tree roots, hair & other foreign objects. That’s why it is important to know what type of products is in the Drain Clean range so that you can make the right selection for your blockage you are experiencing. Sometimes if a foreign object or substance has been lodged into the drain, the only way to clear the drains is to call a plumber.
What types of blockages will Drain Clean Crystals Clear?
Drain Clean Crystals can be used to clear grease, fats, hair, soap scum and grime.
HOW TO USE DRAIN CLEAN CRYSTALS:
- Remove any water in sink, basin or bathtub. Be sure water in sink is cool before using. Remove any detachable strainer. DO NOT USE IN TOILETS.
- Pour in 2 measured tablespoons (60g) of Drain Clean Crystals. Use a dry spoon for measuring. Rinse spoon after use.
- Pour in 1 cupful of COLD water.
- After 15 minutes turn on cold water. Repeat application if drainpipes do not run freely. DO NOT get drain water on hands, face or clothing.
- Screw on cap tightly and store in dry place out of reach of children.
- If blockage persists, fill the basin with water and allow to drain through. Wait for at least 2 hours before reapplying Drain Clean Crystals.
- Use monthly for maintenance.
Note: Please refer specially to the Drain Clean Crystals One Dose label for Directions for Use.
WARNING:CORROSIVE. MAY PRODUCE SEVERE BURNS. ATTACKS SKIN & EYES.
SAFETY DIRECTIONS: WEAR EYE PROTECTION WHEN MIXING OR USING. WEAR PROTECTIVE GLOVES WHEN MIXING OR USING. DO NOT MIX WITH HOT WATER. Take extreme care not to touch Drain Clean Crystals. Always use direct from the container. Always keep Drain Clean Crystals dry. Do not plug the drainpipes or use a plunger while Drain Clean Crystals are in use. Do not let Drain Clean Crystals come into contact with wood, painted or aluminum surfaces or floor coverings. Do not use in garbage disposals, toilets or any pipes leading to those outlets. Not to be incinerated.
FIRST AID: For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (Phone Australia 13 11 26; New Zealand 0800 764 766) or a doctor (at once). If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. If in eyes, hold eyelids apart and flush the eye continuously with running water. Continue flushing until advised to stop by the Poisons Information Centre or a doctor, or for at least 15 minutes. If skin or hair contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and flush skin and hair with running water.
DOWNLOAD DRAIN CLEAN CRYSTALS MSDS