- Bikes, boats, castables, vacuum-cast shapes, automotive bodywork and surfboards.
- 450 gsm.
- Strand-chopped fibreglass sheet for reinforcement.
- Rough finish.
- Yellow and white fibres bound together in strands.
1. Prepare the surface with Diggers Acetone.
2. Cut the chopped strand mat to the required size and allow an extra centimetre around the edges. On tight curves, tear the mat to fit, adding extra pieces if needed. Put the mat on a clean surface until ready for use (e.g. newspaper).
3. Mix no more resin than what you can use in 30 minutes: 920ml (1kg) resin = 1m² matting; 460ml (500g) resin = 0.50m² matting; 230ml (250g) resin = 0.25m² matting.
4. Mix resin with catalyst: for 100ml resin (cold day) use 2.5 to 3ml catalyst; and 100ml resin (hot day) use 1.5 to 2ml catalyst. 1ml = 45 drops.
5. Brush a thick coat of resin onto the surface and then position the fibreglass on top of the wet resin. Add another coat of resin taking care not to displace the fibres. Dab it, do
not brush it. Make sure that every part of the fibreglass is ‘wet out’ thoroughly (with no air
bubbles). Allow to saturate and use a roller to squeeze the air out of the fibres. Clean up
with Diggers Acetone.
6. Leave to cure, preferably overnight. Add more layers as required. Additional layers
should be completed within 24 hours of the last layer curing. If layers are applied after
24 hours, light sanding between layers is required.
Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye / face protection when using this product.
Click here for Diggers Fibreglass Matting MSDS.